Putra World Trade Centre (PWTC) is one of the main convention and exhibition centre, in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. PWTC is located at Kuala Lumpur’s Golden Triangle and only 45 minutes from Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA) and within easy walking distant of mall, restaurants, entertainment centres and 3 – 5 star hotels.
Construction commenced in 1981 and was completed in 1984. The building was officially opened on 2 September 1985, by the, then, Malaysian prime minister Tun Dr Mahathir Mohammad, during the first UMNO General Assembly, and has been a staging area for following UMNO General Assemblies since.
PWTC is accessible through public transport by the PWTC LRT station on the Ampang Line or the Putra Komuter station on the Rawang-Seremban Line and Sentul-Port Klang Line.
PWTC is within walking distance of several hotels such as the Sunway Putra Hotel, Sheraton Imperial Hotel Kuala Lumpur, and Seri Pacific Hotel Kuala Lumpur. Source: PWTC
By Public Transport
- Star LRT – If you are taking the STAR LRT, stop at the PWTC station. The centre is within walking distance from the PWTC STAR LRT Station.
- Putra Line – If you are taking the Putra Line , stop at the Masjid Jamek station, and take the STAR LRT to the PWTC Station.
- KTM Commuter – If you are taking the Putra Line, stop at the Masjid Jamek station, and take the STAR LRT to the PWTC Station.
- KL Monorail – If you are taking KL Monorail, stop at KL Sentral station first. Next, take the Putra Line to the Masjid Jamek station, take the STAR LRT from Masjid Jamek station to the PWTC Station.
- Bus – If you are going to PWTC by bus, you can stop at Hentian Bus Putra.